December 2003 iD Signs came to be, starting out in a small factory of only 480 square metres in Rowville.
With four staff members to get the ball rolling, David Leiper (in partnership with Ian Hickey from HSJ Advertising) hit the ground running.
David having been in the sign industry since 1977 completing a pre-apprenticeship course and starting his sign writing apprenticeship the following year had the background knowledge and knew the sign industry well enough to create this new identity.
The building on busy Wellington Road was a stand out with an illuminated bouncing ball sign and of course the entire building was painted red and black, due to David’s footy team the Bombers.
The decision was made in 2008 to relocate to a bigger, more suitable site in the Rowville area with a factory of 1280 square metres at 7 Macro Court in Rowville due to the client base increasing dramatically over the previous 5 years equipment and staff levels increasing accordingly to keep the output up to speed.
In 2013 with limited space again being the problem at Rowville another move was planned to 58 Geddes Street Mulgrave to a factory 2120 square metres in size with a large car park included.
From humble beginnings of four staff back in 2003 iD Signs has a staff now of over 20 employees and an ever increasing client base.